Nifty Tips to Keep Your Vacation Memories Alive Forever
Vacations come and go - but it’s the memories that keep us smiling from ear to ear. To preserve your best vacation memories so they can live forever, follow these tips to create keepsakes that will make them last as the years go by.
1. Blog or photo albums: Create a vacation blog or use websites such as Mixbook and Snapfish to make albums that can be printed and mailed to you. Picaboo, Smilebox.com and the Memory Mixer also provide digital scrapbooking features.
2. Passport stamps: Gather passport stamps from expired passports and paste them on colored paper to create a collage or arrange them in an old wooden frame. Both ways will create a rustic look that will be beautiful and unique!
3. Weave memories on a map: If you sew, put your skills to work. Use colorful threads to hand stitch and plot the destinations travelled and cross stich to identity the areas visited. Pinning a world map to a bulletin board along with photos of places visited, is also a great alternative.
4. Shadow (Souvenir) Box: Designate a box or anything that can store a collection of mementoes from places you have visited. These could be pebbles, sand, key chains, post cards, bus passes, maps or random tokens saved from each vacation.
5. Scrapbook of tickets. Watched a live show in Branson? Caught the Blue Man Group in Orlando or Celine Dion concert in Las Vegas? Make a scrap book with all the tickets you used in your vacations.
6. Facebook and Instagram are great tools for taking and sharing pictures and videos of your travels online. Unique hash tags allow viewing in one spot and photos never expire from the sites. Don’t forget to tag us in your Westgate Resorts shots, using #ILoveWestgate!
Learn more about our Universal Studios packages with hotel and tickets, our acquisition of Hilton New York City, our Smoky Mountains attractions, and explore the best hotels near Las Vegas convention center at these links!
When You Check-in, There's a Lot to Check Out
Sign up for our newsletter and check-in to great offers, secret stuff, and special events.