As a hospitality company, it’s our business and nature to care for others, including our owners and guests. This hospitality extends to those who live in the places that Westgate Resorts calls home.
Since 2001, our team members have invested in the healthy future of our resort communities through the Westgate Resorts Foundation, which helps great nonprofit organizations committed to our Strong Families | Strong Workforce mission. If families are equipped to break through barriers like temporary homelessness, domestic violence, gaps in education or returning to the workforce after military service, then they keep working or quickly return to work…paving their own path to self-sufficiency and lifelong success. A strong workforce means thriving communities where people want to live and vacation.
“The Foundation’s mission of Strong Families | Strong Workforce is rooted in Westgate’s legacy of generosity and entrepreneurialism,” says David Siegel, president and CEO of Westgate Resorts. “Through our strong relationships with nonprofit organizations nationwide, we have the right partners in-place to help us strengthen families in all the places Westgate and our team members call home.”
As part of Westgate Resorts’ commitment to the community, the company covers all of the Foundation’s administrative costs. 100% of the money donated to the Foundation helps Westgate team members during a qualifying emergency and great nonprofits in Westgate’s resort communities that support our Strong Families | Strong Workforce mission.
In 2016, the Foundation donated almost $1.5 million, including:
- Grants to 50 nonprofits in our resort communities, including the City Year, Harbor House, iDignity and Goodwill Industries
- $175,000 to help team members in crisis
- School supplies for approximately 2,000 students from Westgate families nationwide
- Holiday toys for 2,750 Westgate children across the country
- $250,000 to the Gatlinburg community, including our own team members, for assistance after the November 2016 wildfires heavily damaged our Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa and much of the surrounding area in Eastern Tennessee