5 Fun Things to do in Orlando Florida During the Day
Blue skies, an average temperature of 78 degrees, theme parks and friendly locals make Orlando, Florida, one of the most popular vacation destinations in the world. Looking for fun things to do during your visit? Whether you're a traveling fashionista getting geared up for a spending splurge, looking for things to do in Orlando for free, or a wave-churning thrill seeker scoping out waterpark resorts in Orlando, here are some great picks to add to your list.
1. Theme Parks. Experience the magic of Walt Disney World Resort®, the thrills of Universal Orlando Resort®, excitement at Legoland®, and aquatic encounters at SeaWorld® Orlando. Best of all, conveniently purchase attraction tickets onsite at select Westgate Resorts properties.
2. Florida Beaches. Picture yourself walking along the white sand beach - the sand in your toes and the fresh smell of the ocean breeze in the gentle wind. Lay on the sand or take a swim in the glistening water - what can be more relaxing? Stay at any Westgate Resorts in Orlando and be just a short drive away from Cocoa Beach, Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach and Clearwater Beach.
3. Shopping. Take a piece of Orlando home with you. There are tons of souvenir shops and malls. Visit Orlando Premium Outlets or the upscale Mall at Millennia, home of Neiman Marcus and Cartier, among others. Shopping venues and retail outlets dot the the landscape of International Drive attractions as well, so make sure to set some time aside for this stretch of world famous shopping and dining!
4. Nature. Enjoy a scenic stroll, feed the ducks or take a paddle boat ride along Lake Eola,... OR check out some great agritainment venues where you can get closer to nature than you ever imagined. Experience breathtaking beauty from 50 acres of natural preserve at Henry P. Leu Gardens or take the kids to the Central Florida Zoo and live alligator feeding shows at Gatorland. And don't forget that Orlando is home to the best Central Florida hiking trails in all of Florida!
5. Water Parks. It's no secret that Central Florida is known for a veritable typhoon of assorted aquatic attractions! And with so many waterpark resorts in Orlando to choose from, there's no shortage of wet and wild fun to be had. Head down to the Disney area and take your pick from either Typhoon Lagoon or Universal's new Volcano Bay, both amazing Orlando water parks in their own right. Looking for an Orlando water park hotel? Don't forget Shipwreck Island, a fun-filled romp in the wild waves of our waterpark resort in Orlando at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort! So don that bikini and don't spare the speedo! Orlando water parks ahoy!
Going Giddy Over Your Options?
It's true, there's a lot to see and do in Orlando, and it always seems like there's never enough time to take it all in. From breathtaking bars on International Drive Orlando, to all of the free or inexpensive things to do in Orlando Florida that you might not know about, Central Florida is teeming with fun, and Westgate has the most family hotels in Orlando Florida to help you take advantage of it!
Other tagged pages of interest: orlando hotels near disney, resorts near universal studios orlando, lake buena vista resort, kissimmee resorts, kissimmee hotels, hotels orlando, orlando resorts, resort hotels, staycations